Sunday, April 5, 2009

April 2009 General Conference

This weekend was the 179th Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (You can click on that link to watch it online.)

It was absolutely awesome.

I so enjoy General Conference - it really is my favorite pair of weekends for the year (it's the first weekend in April and the first weekend in October).

This conference was really edifying and strengthening. I was particularly moved by Elder Holland's talk in the Sunday morning session. Wow. I had tears streaming down my face.

I was in Oregon this weekend, so I took my mom to the Sunday morning session. She also really liked Elder Holland's talk and also President Uchtdorf's talk. They were wonderful talks, indeed.

I know I'm not saying much of substance here - just doing a lot of gushing. But the Conference really speaks for itself: just watch at the link above to see what I mean.

The only thing I can add is my testimony that President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God, that his counselors and the apostles are prophets, seers and revelators - and that if we listen and heed their words, we will be blessed. I testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of God on the earth today. I testify that Jesus is the Christ, that He lives, and loves us, and that if we put our faith in Him and repent and follow His example we will have great joy.

I feel great! I love this Church!

No comments:

My Family

My Family
THIS is what it's all about. (July 2013)
 

Counter
Nikon FX-Format