Sunday, March 22, 2009

Draper Temple Dedication

My wife and I had the opportunity this evening to attend the dedication of the Draper, Utah temple. We weren't at the actual temple site, we were in our stake center. They broadcast the dedication session to all the stake centers in Utah. Each of the stake center buildings was considered, for the duration of the session, an extension of the temple itself.

So, yesterday our ward had the assignment of cleaning the stake center, being sure to make it as clean as possible so that it could be a sacred location for the dedication tonight.

The dedication was very nice. It's always great to hear from the general authorities, especially our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson. The talks were very inspiring, and the music beautiful.

Of course, tears came to my eyes a couple times, especially singing "The Spirit of God" - probably my favorite hymn.

The Draper temple is a beautiful building. I had the opportunity a couple of weeks ago to attend the open house: take the tour of the temple and see all the rooms. So nice. A great spirit there, indeed.

I really want to start attending the temple more often, and I really need to continue working on my genealogy so I can do the temple work for more of my own ancestors.

Anyway, this is not one of my more informational posts . . . just a chance to reflect on the sweet feelings of attending the temple dedication this evening.

For more detailed information on the temple, please see my earlier posts here and here.

Draper Utah Temple

No comments:

My Family

My Family
THIS is what it's all about. (July 2013)
 

Counter
Nikon FX-Format